West Sussex Music is seeking dedicated and dynamic teachers to join a specialist team that provide high quality whole-class instrumental tuition to schools across West Sussex.
This post is offered on an hourly paid, part-time basis.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate the following essential attributes:
- Be a confident instrumentalist, Grade 5 or above
- Have experience of instrumental teaching either in class, group or 1:1 setting
- Be a creative practitioner with high expectations for pupils
- Be an effective communicator with colleagues, schools, pupils, and parents.
- Be highly organised, hardworking and a professional role model.
- Be a positive individual who can adapt to changing circumstances and embrace new ideas.
- Committed to their own personal learning and development
- Believe in the benefits of an holistic approach to music education
- Willingness to adopt the principles of Dalcroze Eurhythmics and Simultaneous Learning
- Have proven IT skills, competent in Office 365 and be willing to adapt to new developments in technology
Successful applicants may additionally demonstrate the following desirable skills:
- Experience of being a primary class teacher or teaching assistant.
- Ability to direct instrumental and/or choral ensembles
- Knowledge of Dalcroze and Simultaneous Learning methods
- Pay hourly rate of £28.50
- Enhanced company pension
- Flexible hours
- Initial training and ongoing professional development
- The support of a great team.
How to Apply:
To register your interest in this role, please complete this online form: https://www.westsussexmusic.co.uk/about-us/working-with-us/teaching/
You will be sent an application form if your submission is progressed further.
Closing date: 9am Monday 13 June 2022
Interviews: Week commencing 20 June 2022
West Sussex Music is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to enhanced DBS and barred list clearance, a Prohibition check, identity check, confirmation of the right to work in the UK, health assessment and satisfactory references. References will always be taken up in advance of an interview, and we may contact other previous employers for references.