West Sussex Music provides high quality and inclusive music education and performance opportunities for all children and young people across the county. We work with a group of partner organisations, schools, young people, and stakeholders from different sectors to develop our collective vision for accessible and inspirational music education. In schools, we ensure schools have access to quality-assured music practitioners that can provide instrumental lessons, whole-class first access programmes, lunchtime and after school music activities, workshops, singing projects, and continuing professional development for teaching staff. We help schools to achieve the best possible outcomes for pupils, their families, and the community. Outside school, children and young people enjoy making music with us in bands, choirs, and orchestras at every stage of their musical development.
Salary & Benefits
- £19,650 – £20,850 pa depending on experience
- 23 Days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays)
- Enhanced Pension
- Free parking
Office hours and location
- This position is being offered on a permanent full-time or permanent part-time basis
- Hours per week 22.5 – 37.5
- 3, 4 or 5 days a week will be considered
- The role must cover 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays
- This office-based post will be in Horsham, but is temporarily based at our Petworth premises
- Working in a busy office environment, being a confident, helpful, and friendly first contact for all our customers/staff via telephone, team calls/chats and email.
- Maintain excellent communicative and interpersonal skills, developing high-quality helpful support and service to parents, carers, schools, teachers, and outside agencies.
- Multi-tasking administrative roles and responding to written queries in a timely and professional manner. Prioritising work tasks and managing own workload. Being versatile and flexible, within the team, and happy to get involved with and deliver excellent customer service.
- Working with a range of IT software/systems used within the Customer Accounts team including our database (SpeedAdmin), our accounting system (Xero), MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Worldpay payment system. Training will be provided.
- Finance duties to include credit control, invoicing, and purchase ledger, hence excellent literacy and numeracy skills are required.
- Investigate customer queries, troubleshoot system related problems, and provide solutions.
- Work within company procedures, policies, and professional codes of conduct.
How to Apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS clearance.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £19,650.00-£20,850.00 per year