West Sussex Music is a Music Education Hub which delivers music opportunities to children and young people in West Sussex. Partly funded by the Arts Council, this includes a wide range of music programmes and whole class teaching offered to over 286 schools in West Sussex.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive, confident and customer-driven Administrator, who is professional in communicating by phone and in writing.
This position, based in Horsham, is being offered on a permanent part time basis, between 18-21 hours per week. Days to be negotiated. This is ideally a full 52-week position, but consideration for term-time plus 5 weeks would be considered for the right candidate.
Uphold and complete the duties below, in support of the Tuition Business Manager and Participation Team:
· Assist in developing excellent working relationships and maintain good communication with schools, teachers, internal teams and stakeholders
· Support with co-ordination and administration of tuition services with schools and teachers across the academic calendar
· Maintain accurate school, pupil and teacher data
· Support teacher’s administration, including schedule and system queries
· Provide administration support to the induction programme for new teaching staff
· Respond to school and stakeholder queries by email and telephone in a timely, confident, and professional manner
· Support internal teams to resolve customer queries
· Work with a range of IT software/systems including our customer database and Office 365 applications
· Liaise with external database support, to resolve system queries
· Working in an office environment
· Working collaboratively with colleagues and managers
· Meeting challenging timelines, objectives and team goals
· Prioritising work tasks and managing own workload
· Professionally handling calls and emails
· Supporting the development of relationships and business opportunities with stakeholders
· Receiving, resolving and responding to concerns and confidently handling queries
· Supporting and working within company procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct
· Working with customer databases, using Office 365 suite of programmes including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Sharepoint
· An understanding and adoption of West Sussex Music, Vision and Values.
· Versatility and flexibility within the team
· Excellent communication and customer service
· Confidence and care in dealing with colleagues and customers
· Excellent time management skills, including prioritisation of changing tasks and deadlines
· Accuracy and a good eye for detail
· Self-motivation, with ability to use your own initiative
· Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
· Ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding
Salary & Benefits
· £21,000 – £22,000 pa – pro rata – based on 37.5 hours per week
· 23 Days annual leave – pro rata (plus Bank Holidays) for 52 week position
· Enhanced Pension
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter via Indeed
Applications close at 9am on Monday 4th December 2023
Early applications are encouraged. We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable applicant is identified.